Thursday, December 9, 2021
COVID affected us but the ministry has continued.
Especially in 2020 but also in 2021, COVID changed the Prayer Tent ministry. The tent sides were opened up to allow more air flow, we did not put resources on tables, and resources stayed in boxes and people could get them out themselves without us touching. People were still prayed for and the ministry still went on. I have not been able to be at most shows and in 2021 I went to no shows. But I set up tent with signs and resources before season and tear down at end of season. I hope if my family is not in the show in the future to at least attend the first and last show, and maybe alumni night.
Monday, November 4, 2019
Things that worked this year:
- Texting prayer requests
- Table and sign at front with Spanish materials including book fo John and evangelist acts.
- Leaving tables set up and folding table cloths over them
- Passing out Lord's Supper cups in baskets in back instead of to every row.
- Advertising with new signs instead of stuffing playbills. Mount some signs on tent.
- Greet people as they come in and invite them to prayer tent
- Organize tables with signs for Bible study resources and prayer resources. Put table at front door with books of John and prayer resources.
- Be ready to baptize every show.
- Rudy sat down in chair aned praying for God to send someone to him for prayer, and He did!
Planned improvements for next year:
- Make new Spanish sign on metal that includes word "free". Get more Spanish resources.
- Emphasize up front to every tent visitor that all resources are all free.
- Make larger prayer request forms
- Do more of this: Greet people as they come in and invite them to prayer tent
- Try to get a local Spanish church volunteer in prayer tent each show.
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
6. Larger redesigned prayer request cards. Remove email address and put texting phone number.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Event Prayer and Evangelism Ministry
3000 seat outdoor amphitheater in Glen Rose TX, showing life of Jesus on stage. Shows are every Fri and Sat night, Aug 24-Nov, 3, 2018. Includes prayer, counseling, evangelism, communion, baptism, working with area partner churches.